I've been worrying about Christmas this year and how we will afford Christmas gifts for our families. Not that we can't afford it but just the thought of me being out of work for 2 weeks I knew I would need to stretch the Christmas budget.
This week at Target (this sale ends today) they had Wii games buy 2 get 1 free. On Targets Website they had coupons for Wii games $10 off 2 games. So we bought 4 games, used 2 coupons and got one of the games free. We had coupons for 2 other childrens toys as well.
We spent about $50 for all 5 boys in our extended family for Christmas. In past years when I wasn't watching what we were really spending our "budget" per child was about $25. I can still get them a toy/product in that price range while on sale and with a coupon.
We also got a few other things. Cart's razors blades were on clearance from $13.50 to $6.50 so we bought 2 of those. They had their Brita pitchers on sale for $18 and I had a $5 off coupon. They also had another item on clearance but I believe that person reads our blog so we'll keep that a secret :) but is was a product normally around $20 on clearance for $5.
Cart and I still have each other to shop for and our parents. Other gifts I'm making this year. So we'll save some money on that part too.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

1 comments:
You are so on the ball with your Christmas shopping already. Gosh - I haven't even started to think about it, but need to soon! :-D
Post a Comment