Friday, November 13, 2009

Ouchie!

When we started the Progesterone injections on Wednesday we started with my "good" hip. The injection goes just into the muscle basically between the butt and lower back but a little more to the side. So I ice with 2 ice cubes until it is numb and I really don't feel the injection.

Last night same routine but this time we did the "bad" hip. There is a mark where the injection went and then it hurts like a bruise all the way around the side. I'm not sure we'll be able to use this side again.

The story behind this hip is a month after we where married I was rear-ended. When I slammed on the breaks it messed up the muscles in my hip and my IT band. I also have a herniated disc from it. I don't have problems regularly with it...but just the occasional flare ups. Basically the muscle back there tightens and then my IT band gets really tight. The IT band is I think a ligament band that goes down the side of your leg from hip to knee. Another term used to classify this injury is Bursitis.

Anyway, the "bad" hip now feels like a big bruise and hurts a little to walk. In the end this little pain will be so worth it.

3 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

good job for "sticking it out" with the shots. They aren't too bad. I'm ending my 3rd full week. I got a rash and it itches like mad. I may switch to suppositories-don't know yet!

twondra said...

It will be worth it. :)

Amber said...

Good luck with everything! I hope it all works out for you