Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Which would you like first?

I'll go with good news. Good news I had my baseline ultrasound yesterday and all is good. No cysts and uterus looks good. So we are all clear to proceed with our cycle. Wasn't that short and sweet?

Now our bad news...On my way home from the Drs office I get a call from Cart asking if I messed with the AC in the house. I hadn't touched it in days so he proceeds to tell me it is set to 76 and is registering at 83 in the house. My first thought is thank goodness we are out of the worst heat of the summer. Second thought is get Harley to Cart's parents because he must be hot (sure enough when I got home he was panting and laying on the wood floors like a frog). Third was it's almost 5 so we need to hurry up and make some phone calls and get someone out ASAP to look at it and we were praying it was just freon or something easy. Well it was a little easy our compressor needed to be replaced. But the new compressors aren't compatible with old inside units. Lucky us. So we need to have the entire unit inside/outside replaced.

Remember last August we needed a new roof because the old one was leaking? Remember last November when we had to put new siding on the house because we had a lot of wood rot? Well it has come in 3's all in the same year. All the major things that could go wrong with a house has happened to us.

I guess the silver lining on the bad news is it's all done so when the babies come we won't have to worry about that stuff :)

2 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

I'm focusing on the "good"! YAY for your lining. BOO for your house troubles! Come on house, they need a little cooperation here. This better be the last time you have anything wrong with you until the baby is 5 :)

Leah said...

Sorry about the house stuff. I always hate expenses that weren't planned.

Good news on the baseline though. YAY! :-)