Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ouchie

I've mentioned before that I now have a scraproom. Shortly after the failed FET, I felt that I needed something for me. We were saving this particular room for our kids one day. It is the bigger of the two spare rooms. Cart agreed to let me have a room just for my scrapbooking and crafts. AND he built me a massive scrapdesk. This desk has been in the same position since then.

Well last night I decided that I wanted to rearrange my room. So with the help of my wonderful husband we started moving things around. The top to this particular desk just comes off. We didn't secure it to the shelving. We moved the shelving to the new spot and went to put the top back on. It wasn't lining up right and then bam....and some rather vulgar explitives came out of my mouth. On my left hand index finger right by my nail I ripped off about a 1/4 inch of skin down to the meat and hit some nerves. This baby throbbed for hours. It hurt like crazy and this is what it looked like:



So I worked today one finger down. And everytime I hit it, the friggin thing hurt! Ouch!

8 comments:

Rach said...

Ouch!!

Nicole said...

Oh my! Welcome to ICLW and to the journey that is domestic adoption! If you need any support, feel free to visit me over my way--we have been down a similar road.

Suzy said...

ouch finger injuries are the WORST! Every time you knock it it hurts like the dickens! Hope it heals fast for you

Sarah said...

Hello from ICLW

Ouch that looks sore!!!! I hope it heals fast!!

BTW, I love your scrapbooking table!

AmandaM said...

wow, that looks painful!

Hope it feels better!

~Happy ICLW!

Lynn said...

Oh, ow ow ow!! That looks so painful! Hopefully it will heal up soon.

~ICLW~
#177

Anonymous said...

Owieeeeee! That looks painful! I hope you are feeling better soon. :(

--Happy ICLW--

Grace said...

eeek! that looks so painful!

that is so great that you are doing something for yourself...we all need that.

happy iclw!