Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ICLW

I joined in the ICLW this month. Actually I joined up today the last day to join. There is a button on my sidebar if you'd like to check it out. Since this is my first one I'd thought I would give a little back ground on us and our journey.

I'm Breen (this is my nickname a friend gave me in HS) and we call DH Cart. I'm 29 and he just turned 33. We've been married for 4 yrs but together for 6. Shortly after we got married I went to my OB for a check problem appt and he asked if we were TTC. I said well we aren't trying but haven't prevented for 2 yrs. He thought it was odd that we hadn't had an oopps so he sent DH for a SA since I had been PG before. We found out that he had 0% normal morphology and 99% abnormal. So off to the RE we went and did two IUIs that didn't work. Then we did one round of IVF. I was on the highest dosage of stims and stimmed longer than what they normally do. The only retrieved 4 eggs of which all fertilized but only 1 made it to a 3day transfer. Going into our beta I kept getting BFNs but my beta came back BFP. PREGNANT yay! Every two days I went in for more betas. Number's weren't good and on 2/14 they had me stop all meds. A month later I miscarried.

At a follow up appt our RE did a recurrent loss panel and basically said that we were most likely dealing with egg quality/reserve issues. The recurrent loss panel showed clotting issues.

In October 2008 we started the International Adoption process. First we started the Homestudy and in December sent in our application to the Agency. We were turned down by the agency for mental health reasons. So we continued TTC on our own.

In June 2009 my Best Friend suggested Embryo Adoption and we were in touch with a friend of a friend. In August 2009 we officially adopted two Embryo's from a wonderful couple. In September we started BCPs and in October were all set to do the transfer. Sadly they didn't survive the thaw.

I started seeing a therapist in February/March 2010 and during my sessions she suggested DH see a Urologist. He did and they had him do another SA but with 5day abstinance. His morphology improved to 50% normal....AMAZING! so he was put on 25mg of clomid for 3 months. It didn't help and his morphology went back to the original level. They wanted him to increase to 50mg of clomid but after he had gained 15lbs, had night sweats and was constantly hot we decided against it. The results weren't proving what they thought they should.

So here we are deciding on an Agency for Domestic Infant Adoption. When I don't post about infertility or adoption I post about our life.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

The Spicy Chickadee said...

Hi there! I'm from ICLW. My hubby and I are in the midst of our home study. What agencies are you looking at? Sounds like you guys have been through a lot. Hoping your dreams of having a baby come true soon!!!

Gurlee said...

Hi, Just stopping by via ICLW. It sounds like you have some options on the table, I hope your dreams come true!

Di said...

Visiting from ICLW. Hope the adoption process goes quickly and smoothly for you this time! PS - I'm in Florida too! :)

Breen said...

@kate - we are looking at Catholic Charitities, Children's Home Society and one more. I can't ever get the name right.

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy journey you've been on so far. I hope domestic infant adoptions is it!! I'll be following along.

Jenn said...

Here from ICLW! Good Luck on your adoption journey- hope it goes fast!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from ICLW. I hope that your adoption process is a smooth one!

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Congratulations on starting the adoption process! :)

Krissi McVicker said...

Wow! That's quite a story! I wish you all the best with the adoption! I just added your link and I'm your newest follower! Happy ICLW! (#45 & 46)

Browniris said...

Welcome to ICLW! We are in the process of getting approved for domestic adoption...it is an exciting and overwhelming journey. Best wishes to you as you move forward!

Bethanie said...

Enjoyed reading your story and look forward to keeping up with your blog.
Bethanie ICLW #166

Ashlee G. said...

I'm stopping by from ICLW. Thanks for the intro. Sorry about the crazy roller coaster ride you've been on. I'm hoping it gets better soon.

#50

Pix said...

Hi Breen. Welcome to the ICLW. It's lots of fun! Glad that you are exploring each option to it's fullest. One size does not fit all when creating your family, and I wish you the best in finding the right fit for you and your husband!


Pixie--
Cheese Curds and Kimchi

~stinkb0mb~ said...

Wow you've been through so much, you must be strong! I'm keeping lots crossed that you achieve your dream of motherhood thro adoption!

ICLW
#41
http://www.themissruby.blogspot.com/
~ttc for 11 years
~8 miscarriages
~still chasing that elusive viable bubba

Katy said...

I'm glad I found you through ICLW! Looking forward to following your new journey to adoption!

Justina said...

Here from ICLW. I hope the adoption process goes well for you. Its something that my hubby and I are considering as well.