Sunday, July 11, 2010

Domestic Adoption Agencies

I have been doing some research on domestic agencies. We aren't looking to make any fast moves right now. Just gathering information and deciding which direction we'd like to go.

One option is to go through DCF (department of children and families). This option has some good benefits to go with it. Like the home study is free. Any children adopted from DCF receives a free college education to any University, community college or technical school in the state. Some of the not so good benefits is the wait. We could wait for years. The other thing to consider is we'd wait longer for a baby whose parents rights have already been terminated.

One agency that we've looked at is BCS (Bethany). I haven't gotten to the point of actually calling the agency for information or requesting information. But I've looked at the costs and info on the website.

I'm having trouble finding other agencies in our state or ones that are out of state willing to work in our state. Maybe I'm not googling right or finding the right information. Does anyone have any suggestions? Was your agency amazing in your adoption? Please share any experiences that you've had.

7 comments:

Angie said...

We had good experiences with Bethany (Chattanooga, TN), though we never actually adopted through them.

The staff was very helpful and made the process as comfortable as possible.

There are so many aveunes, praying for you guys as you decide on your path.

Ashley said...

We used BCS with our embryo adoption but they really only did our homestudy. We enjoyed working with them.

embieadoptmom said...

My friend Tracie does adoptions ALL OVER. Here is her link. http://thespiritofadoption.wordpress.com/

Check it out, hope this helps! We adopted all 6 of ours through the state and did NOT wait years!

Jen

Just Believing said...

Adopt Help you can email me if you have more questions ;)

Mrs. Frig said...

How about this one - http://www.jfcsjax.org/ ?

Trying to help in the google search. I tried to find our HS agency in FL, but it doesn't look like Luther Social Services does adoption in your state.

Breen said...

Thanks Rachel :) Lutheran Social Services only does international adoption from the offices here in FL.

Mrs. Frig said...

That's so backwards for what you and I needed as our state office appears to only do domestic.