I don't know if I am being too picky when it comes to agencies. But My biggest concern with agencies is cost. I contacted Catholic Charities about getting information and I specifically asked to send me info on their fees. They sent me a one page generic letter that answered absolutely not one question I asked them. We are only in the early stages and I am frustrated. They did say they only place a "handful" of children a year. So to me that equals long wait time.
I have a feeling we will be going with Children's Home Society. We were working with them to complete our homestudy for the international adoption. Our social worker was very very nice and very accomodating to our schedule. So I will be calling them on Friday to get more information and to see if they can use any of the info from our earlier start on the home study.
In other news I am a scatter brain and I'm exhausted. I have been working like crazy and doing schoolwork. I have my first lia sophia party tomorrow. I got my stuff ready for that tonight and it took me a bit since it is my first one.
We found out this past weekend that dear Harley needs surgery to remove a cyst on his neck...to the tune of $450. This is our child and with him comes the doctors bills...if only our insurance covered this child. :)
I also got a bill yesterday from the hospital where I had my surgery in June. The original amount was $12,880. Yup you read that right Twelve Thousand dollars. My portion after insurance is $1100. After I already paid my doctor $700 to do the surgery. This was definitely an unexpected expense. I thought when we paid the doctor that we were paying for the surgery. I had no idea the hospital was going to charge me. My doctor works out of this particular hospital. So either I'm dumb or they told me and I just forgot. Who knows. The joys of infertility.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

2 comments:
Hi there!
I think that you are absolutely entitled to know ALL of the fees associated with any type of adoption up front. Period. You need to know so that you can plan accordingly, don't you? I don't understand why the agencies aren't laying that out for you. Originally, we were in the China program with Pearl S. Buck International. They gave us print outs of all of their programs so that we could compare and contrast all of the costs on a nice little chart. Its not too much to ask, honestly!
Best of luck. Are you thinking of domestic adoption? I think I missed something here.
Yes we are looking to do domestic infant adoption.
When we were using Children's Home Society for our international home study they even sent us a list of fees for their international program to compare with the other agency. So makes the choice a little easier.
Post a Comment