Saturday, December 26, 2009

Scraproom

After everything that happened we decided to start focusing our time on "other" things than really trying to have children. The first thing on that list was my scraproom. Over the last month we painted my room, bought and put together new storage and this weekend built a desk. BTW, never demolish your craft/scrap room 2 weeks before Christmas if you still have gifts to make. That was a bad idea.

Today Cart and I went to Tar.get and Ho.me De.pot to get all the materials needed for the desk. I really like this Pot.te.ry Ba.rn desk

While I was googling it I found Jenny's DIY how to on this very desk. We made our own modifications, used her size but changed a few things. One thing we did to ours at her suggestion was back the shelving with wood to make it sturdier. Here are a few pictures of our project. Once it is completely finished I will post how we did ours step by step. Thanks Jenny for the guide :)
This is Cart putting together the shelving


This is Cart and his Dad putting the backing on the shelving



The view of the shelving with the top piece upside down on it.


We wood filled all the holes for a smoother finish


From the doorway the desk almost painted with the first coat. I'll be working on the how to post in the next few days.


3 comments:

Just Believing said...

It looks amazing GREAT JOB!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your dh must have some skills to be able to make that plus a desk! Looks great!

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Wow!! I am so impressed! I wish I had that desk. So cool your husband MADE it.