Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas with Friends and Family

Last night Cart and I went to the H's for Christmas with the H family and Cart's parents. Cart's parents and the H's have been friends for years over 30. The H's son D is Cart's best friend and his son is our godson...but we consider all the boys our godchildren.

When we get together with the H's it is a great time. Lots of laughs and stories of times past. It is a great time to spend with them. This Christmas gathering is a tradition and when I met Cart I was invited that Christmas. Back then it was a progressive dinner in which we traveled from house to house for food and gifts. At each house was a different food...appetizer, dinner, dessert. It was lots of fun. Over the last few years as D's family has grown with the 4 boys it is much harder for the progressive dinner. So we all gathered at D's parents house for dinner, fellowship and gifts.

We had a great time. Cart's parents and the H's are a hoot. And when Cart and D get together well lets just those guys are special. I talked with D's sister V about doggies and lots of fun stuff.

It takes us a little bit to get through gifts. All the boys went first so they would have their toys to play with as we opened gifts and talked. We had 10 adults to get through and it is lots of fun.

Tonight we are doing Christmas with my dad and stepmom and we'll have family events on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

I hope you all have a very happy and blessed Christmas!

2 comments:

Amber said...

what a fun week!

Leah said...

Sounds like a great time! I love yearly holiday traditions such as the one you took part in. Makes the season so much more fun. :-D