Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Post Surgery

I've been home resting since about 11 this morning. Surgery was that fast. :) Actually they started taking me to the OR shortly after 730 and that is the last thing I remember before waking up in recovery at about 930. Dr. V talked to Cart and said that they found a little bit of Endo and removed it. He told Cart it was only stage 1 which is good. They removed a cyst from my right tube and sent it to the lab for further testing. I only have two small incisions one in my belly button and they used my appendectomy scar for the other. So no new scars.

Pain wise I'm doing okay. My throat hurts from the breathing tube and I keep coughing up nasty tasting stuff. The pain from the gas moves around my chest cavity and I think that is the most uncomfortable part. I'm just starting to feel sore around the incision areas. Going to the bathroom is a wierd. I guess they used a catheter during surgery so when I go to the bathroom it starts and stops. I feel like I sit there for 5min so that is a little annoying but manageable.

So all in all I am doing well. I follow up with my doctor next week. He moved it up from 3 weeks to 1 week so I 'm not sure what that is about.

Cart and I decided that I'll be starting the Endo diet to help keep the endo away since they were able to remove it all. Or at least just minimize it's return. It's a very complex diet and will require a post all in it self when I can type with the computer at the table instead of arms length away on my legs. :)

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers today!

3 comments:

Leah said...

So happy surgery went well and I wish you best in your recovery.

Ashley said...

I had the same surgery last summer. My recovery was real easy-hope yours is too!

Mrs. Frig said...

Wishing you a fast and easy recovery.