Friday, May 21, 2010

Ouch that hurt

The bank account.

Cart and I went to the All Natural Market tonight. Let me just say that trip was overwhelming in and of it self. I was almost to tears when we left. We had a shopping list planned out and decided we'd do 2 weeks of shopping instead of the usual 1. Typically at the normal grocery store we budget $75 a week for the two of us. Normall we don't spend that much but about every 2-3 months we'd get about $100 in meat from the local butcher. So how much did we spend tonight....

over $200! yup you read that right. Cart's initial guess was $300 and we were sorta close to that.

I'm latching onto this healthy eating. It is good for me and will help keep the pain of endo away and possibly the endo away all together. It may also give me more energy.

But I will miss certain things. Like the brownies, cakes and cookies my mother-in-law is always making us. She loves to bake and now I need to find recipes of things I can eat that she may bake.

So what did we buy that cost us an arm and a leg. Well we bought 2 Mahi fillets, 1.24 lbs of organic ground chicken, 4 organic chicken breasts. Lots and lots of produce. Oat bran, brown rice, brown rice cereal, 3 variety's of seeds for a recipe of "chili seeds". I also bought carob powder to make something sweet since I'll most likely go through sweet withdrawls.

This is going to be tough. I work in a restuarant with everything I can't eat. No soda, no french fries, none of my favorites from there. I have to remember anything bad I eat will cause pain and I will have to suffer.

There is one day I am considering "cheating" on this diet change. And that will occur in 2 weeks. My birthday is June 4th. I found no cakes at the health food store that I could eat. Zip, Zero, Zlitch! So I may cheat and have some angel food cake...It contains wheat flour and sugar both of which I can't eat unless I want pain and discomfort. It might be worth it though.

I'll stuggle, I'll fall and I'll just get back up and keep on going. All I can do is take one day at a time and eat healthy.

0 comments: