I'm pretty sure that I have posted on this subject in the past. But thought that I would bring it up as a friend of ours would like to give us a baby shower. I've wondered about having my own baby shower. I've been to so many and given showers for friends. I'm wondering when we should have a shower. Before we are even matched, wait until we are matched, or after the baby arrives. We are getting the nursery ready, so it would be neat to have it totally completed and not have to rush out and get things. I do know that after the baby arrives we will have a "sip-n-see" and allow friends and family to come over to meet the new baby. What would you do? 
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

4 comments:
Great question and I'm so glad someone is going to throw you one! Our friends and family surprised us with one right after we had been officially "on the list". We didn't know it at the time, but our son had already been conceived, and was about 2 months gestation at the time. It was still several months before we were matched, and I received lots of gender neutral clothes, but it was still unbelievably honoring and special.
I guess it depends on if you want mostly gender-neutral stuff or if you want to wait until you know which gender you're getting. Our social worker recommended that we wait until after our baby girl arrives before having a shower... just in case the birthmom changes her mind. Our first shower is April 17th, so we've had to purchase the necessities already. Maybe you could have more than one! =)
IMO I think you should completely wait to have shower til after the baby is home with you. Faith was 3 weeks old when we had ours.... I honestlu think you should wait til after baby is home and trust me everyone will love it more being able to see the baby and also you will truly be able to get what you need cuz you will have the baby with you not just all neutral stuff.
One friend I know had a huge shower for the baby boy they were expecting well the baby was a girl and they had everything BOY and saying Levi on it!
Also for me I couldn't have a shower and then if the bmom backed out use those things for another baby. hat is just me but I would always hold those items for a baby that ultimatley wasn't mine.
I say wait til after that babu is home but register now I registered like 5 months before we started adoption just cuz I wanted to :) and then when Faith came it was easy to just update change somethings to pink and voila registry done :)
We waited until after Nate was born before we had our shower. Just felt right to wait and know that he was "ours",
What agency are you working with?
Post a Comment