Friday, February 25, 2011

Security PSA

This will be more of a PSA then an update about our Privacy issue. For the privacy issue, I have decided to get the proof I need that my account was breached and once I have that the Sheriff's office will take it from there.

Now for the PSA:
When you create passwords make sure that it isn't something with your birthdate, place of employment, dogs name, anniversary date, place of birth, parents name, sibling name. It should really be a combination of numbers and letters not associated with anything in your life. In both upper and lower case.

2. Make sure you don't use the same password for every account. Vary the passwords.

3. Change your password every 30 days. If you can't remember 30 days put it on your calendar so you remember.

4. Do this for all accounts: email, google, FB, bank accounts.

5. Double check your firewall protection. Make sure that your security on your computer is top notch.

Don't risk your security for anyone or anything. Having to go through getting the information you need to prosecute is a pain. So be safe and protect your information.

2 comments:

Angelwingsbaby said...

Good reminder:-) I already do the different passwords for different accounts and using combos of numbers and letters,words not connected to me. It can be a bit harder to remember but you are right it is much more secure. Admittedly there are the days when I blank out and forget for a moment which one is which but it always comes back to me lol. -Megan

Ashley said...

It's scary- seems like they can hack into just about anything these days, regardless of the security.