Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation=Stress

Have you ever noticed that before you go on vacation you become stressed? And that the vacation itself is to declutter your mind of that stress it took to get ready? Don't forget when you get back from vacation you need a day or two to "unwind" from vacation.

Cart and I love to travel. If we don't travel at least twice a year we go stir crazy. Sometimes I don't think it matters where we go as long as we are out of our house and our city.

We are currently preparing for vacation and we're stressed. Cart is stressed and because he doesn't stress hardly ever, it is really stressing me out. Not to mention I'm trying to fit homework into this vacay.

To prepare for a week away from home here are some things that can add to the stress:
1. Find a place for Harley (we had a co-worker who was going to house sit but the stress of cleaning the house was too much) Harley will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa
2. Wardrobe...do I have enough clothes for the weather where we will be traveling. Does Cart need clothes so I don't have to see the same darn knit tops again.
3. Is the lawn mowed so we don't get an HOA violation
4. Trash, take it to the in-laws so our trash can isn't sitting out for a week and we get an HOA violation
5. What meals will we prepare on vacation (our time share has a kitchen minus the oven). So all of our meals will be stove top.
6. try not to get on each others nerves.
7. mail..who will check it while we are away or should we put it on hold.
8. when will my UPS package arrive and who will get it while we are away.

So is it really worth going on vacation when it causes stress?

1 comments:

Amber said...

I hope that everything works out and your stress goes down. Vacation is always a fun time but I agree you need a vacation from your vacation too.