Friday, September 4, 2009

HSG=No Fun

This post is of the graphic nature...if you are squeamish, a man who shutters at the mention of a women period or don't like anything graphic...you have been warned.

The HSG today was no fun. I'll skip the boring stuff. I'm taken into the Xray room and given a gown. I go into the bathroom and take care of my woman things because yes I am still on my period. At first they sit me in a chair and I remind them I'm still on my period so they move me to the hard cold table because it has one of those big pag thingies on it. I wait for about 30 min for Dr. S to arrive from his clinic.

Dr. S arrives and asks if I have any questions...here is how that conversation went

Me: yes I do, since I'm still bleeding when the dye is injected and it goes through the fallopian tubes will it take any of the endometrial tissue with it and possibly cause Endo?
Dr. S: There is a possiblity yes
Me: How big?
Dr S: Well it is highly unlikely. How heavy is the bleeding
Me: Not my normal heaviness. I've been spotting since Saturday so this is day 6
Dr S: Well maybe we should reschedule for Tuesday
Me: But my husband took off from work
Dr S: well I don't want later down the road for us to find Endo and then you say but Dr S you told me I wouldn't get endo
Me: Do you feel comfortable that the probablity is low?
Dr S: yes the probablity is low
Me: okay lets do it

He then proceeds insert the speculum and I about scream in pain because the thing pinched me. he removes and tries again, it still pinches but the nurse holds my hand. He does some stuff with catheters, numbing agent etc and then we wait for the radiologist. Once he arrives the machine is placed where it needs to be and the dye is immediately injected and the horrid cramping starts. Holy Hell that hurt. Afterwards there was gushing blood with lots of cramping. The cramping has continued and now I find myself on the couch where I will remain the rest of the day. I already called work and said I wouldn't be in unless they absolutely needed me. I'm just a shift manager and they have 4 managers there today so I don't think they will need me. We shall see.

After we left Xray we had to go up to his office with the disc. I got another sample of BCPs and a sample of prenatals. Still waiting to get in touch with Seattle about shipping the container.

On a lighter note Gator Football Starts tomorrow night at 7pm! Can't wait.

3 comments:

embieadoptmom said...

I'll bet your glad THAT is over! UGH! Hope you get rest this weekend!

kelly said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I found a solution to the mall gift card confirmation. Check it out here. http://couponcuttingdivas.blogspot.com/2009/09/second-mall-gift-card-update.html

Also, I read your post since I was here leaving you a message...I had that done when I was first trying to get pregnant...OMG, my Dr (who happens to be a Dr. S too...maybe the same one) didn't warn me how much it caused cramping. Some of my other friends that have had it said their Dr. told them to take ibuprofen before the procedure. It has been 12 years ago, but I still remember how bad I hurt.

kelly said...

Yes, He is my Dr. too. He helped me conceive and delivered all my children and I still go to him for regular GYN stuff. Just saw him last month :) You are in good hands with him.