It has been a very busy week here at the Chapman's. The week started out with a text from my dad that his brother had passed away. Uncle Ray was called to be with the Lord on Monday. He joined my Grandma to watch over us in heaven.
On Tuesday I did my pre-intern day at school and was scheduled for my one-on-one interview with the social worker. As I was at the library getting books for the lesson I am going to teach I received a call from our social worker. She called to let me know she needed to cancel not only my appointment but Cart's as well. She rescheduled me for Friday (today at 10am).
Wednesday I drove to P'cola for my Uncle's viewing that night and funeral on Thursday.
Yesterday was the funeral and then I drove back to make it to class by 6pm. Let me just say the drive from our city to P'cola is the most boring stretch of highway ever. I made it to class about an hour after it started. I came home and fell into bed.
Then today Cart called to wake me up early (I sleep in when he leaves for work). I shower, get dressed, and drive to the Southside of town for my meeting. I get there and our SW comes down and gives me this weird look. I question her look and she said she has our appointment on her calendar for NEXT Friday. I mention that we were talking about this Friday when we were speaking and she was looking at the next Friday on her calendar. All I can say is I'm just frustrated.
Now Cart is scheduled for his interview Tuesday at 2pm here at the house before our home visit. I'll still be at the school so I won't get home until 330. When I get home we'll do the home visit part. Then she rescheduled me for Wednesday morning.
Hopefully, there will be no need to reschedule any of our appointments next week. In other news I've had no time to scrap our profile book. I'm going to resort to a digital book. I'm a little bummed about it, but with school, interning, subbing, and lia sophia I just don't have the time.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

3 comments:
People can be so frustrating! Seems like something always comes up to make the process longer. Hope it goes well next week.
I made our profile book thru Shutterfly but saw some done thru Mixbook that were cuter and had more room for writing. I just didn't want to upload all my pics again. It turned out really cute though!
Hi Breen. I gave you an award!! Please visit my blog to see all about it. Thank you for allowing me to follow you on your journey. :)
Our SW has canceled on us before or called to say she was running late and should she bother to come if it was going to take her 20 more min. It's a real pain!
Post a Comment