Yes we are doing cloth Diapers. There are a few reasons why we are doing cloth. #1 reason is money, diapering a baby is expensive. Then to think of that cost after you spend $20,000+ on the adoption. The pocket book would take a big hit. So we are doing cloth. One expense we can't avoid is formula, because I can't breast feed. The #2 reason we are doing cloth diapers is because that is how I learned to diaper a baby. My younger brother was cloth diapered and I learned how to change diapers when he was a baby. Now cloth diapering has come a long way since then. You no longer have to use pins and can now use velcro.
The other reason that is very minor is that the cloth diapers we found are so cute. LOL.... which diapers are we using? gdia.pers. I love that you can reuse the pants without having to wash after each use. The liners come out and if you need to you can use disposable inserts which are totally biodegradable.
When Rileigh goes to Grandma and Grandpa's during the day they will use the disposable inserts and might use the cloth if they are comfortable with that.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

3 comments:
Good luck with that! By the way, we started Kaylee out on Enfamil (actually the hospital did) and we just switched her to the Sam's club brand which is half the price of the brand name stuff. She has tolerated it well and it is almost identical to the more expensive stuff.
I love love love my cloth diapers. We didn't use them for the first year with our son and I could just kick myself because they really are sooo easy once you get your routine down. The up front cost is a bit but over time they pay for themselves if you don't go too crazy like me ...tee hee! We use Grovia, Flip, and Kawaii mostly with a few others thrown in there. Our daycare even uses them for us too and they all find them very easy. If you ever need tips/tricks....just ping me. I have learned a lot the last 2 years of CDing.
kd
a little late, but yes, we love cloth, and our #1 reason was cost too! After our adoption costs and formula... it was going to be on the edge of our budget if we were going to have me stay home with Isaac. I haven't gotten to the point where I dread washing them... and when I do, I'll go walk down the disposable diaper isle in the store and I'm SURE that will adjust my attitude!
Post a Comment