In my Thanksgiving Thursday post I mentioned something my BF Sarah did. Well in talking with one of her friends about infertility, her friend mentioned that she had friends that were looking to donate their left over embryos to a couple as they were done having kids.
After she mentioned that Carter and I talked and thought it would be a great option for us. So I did some research into the laws and shipping etc. Surprisingly it is quite simple legally at least in FL. What would we pay for...the shipping to our doctor here, the storage fee until we transfer, the meds before transfer, the transfer it self and the meds to help sustain a pregnancy.
Before we decide anything we'd want to know more about the couples, their history and any kids etc.
I think in one of my previous posts I mentioned that Cart and I hadn't given up on anything and thought we'd rather a "word of mouth" situation.
Funny thing is I'd heard of egg donation (in fact it was suggested to us due to my poor egg quality) but I'd never really heard of embryo donation. It's just another form of adoption in which I carry the child for 9 months.
Even if these two situations don't work out, we would possibly pursue this through an embryo adoption agency.
I have an amazing best friend and she's just awesome!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

1 comments:
We are doing embryo adoption and its such a beautiful thing! Best in your journey! I will have my FET in 5 weeks-coming fast!
Post a Comment