In December I had a trip to the ER. I was at work and had a very sharp pain in my lower left flank. The first thing I thought was Kidney Stones. I've had these before and they aren't fun. Well the pain got so bad and intense that I got really nauseated. I left work immediately to go home and to the ER. Cart and I got to the ER about 11pm and got home the following morning at 6am. We both already had the day off.
They did a Cat-scan of my Kidney area and there were no stones....but there was fluid in my abdomen. They gave me anti-nausea medicine and pain reliever. The doctor came in and gave me the results and discharge instructions and said I should follow up with my OB about Endometriosis. As someone struggling with infertility this was ignored and I just went about my business.
However, I didn't ignore it totally. I started the research to find more about this condition. I've talked to ladies with it and then in the process of speaking with my mom found out it's hereditary. Hmm...maybe I'll go get checked. So I have broke down and made an appointment with my OB for Feb 5th.
So what is Endometriosis? It is when cells of the Edometrium start forming in the abdominal cavity. These cells grow on the other organs, on the outside of the uterus, ovaries and others. But just like inside the Uterus it must shed. So it sheds however the blood has no where to go. It causes pain and other things.
The only way to truly diagnos this is to do laproscopic surgery to take biopsies.
So next week I'll be discussing all of this with my OB.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment