In previous blogs we have shared that we do receive reimbursement from Cart's job and my job. Which is a total blessing. But how do we save money to pay for the costs up front. Adoption is not cheap. It's expensive and for that reason alone some people may never have children. So how do we save money?
Our biggest money saver right now is my couponing. Yes that is right every Sunday I cut coupons from the Sunday paper. My mom and mother-in-law also give me their Sunday coupons. I also participate in a coupon train on a message board I am a part of. How does this save us money. Well once I cut the coupons or trade for the ones I want I organize them in a binder using baseball card holders. Each Sunday I also look at the CVS and Walgreens ads. Here I match coupons to sales. Some things I refuse to pay full price for :) We use to spend at least $100 each week on groceries and such. Lately it has only been somewhere around $50 a week.
We've also cut down on some of our electrical costs as well. Just by unplugging things we aren't using, keeping the temperature high enough so the a/c doesn't kick on as often. When it's cold we just put on more clothes...Cart really likes this, the house is nice and cool for him.
Those are just a few of the things we do.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago

1 comments:
Hey I hope its okay if I follow your blog.. I just started to learn about CVS bucks and such. I got a great deal on diapers about 4 months ago which introduced me to the whole thing.
Post a Comment