This is me and my dad dancing at my wedding. I was looking for pictures last night for the memorial service and found this one.
My dad golfing the morning of my wedding. He LOVED to golf. I can see him in heaven golfing everyday. I love this picture of him because it shows him enjoying what he loved to do. 27 1/2 years ago I was my Dad's birthday present. I have not gone one birthday without spending time with my dad (unless he was out to sea). That I think was our special bond. I would get annoyed that anytime we went out to eat for our birthday he would tell the server that it was our birthday and I was his 27th present. But now I know he was just so proud to share that special day with me.
He is heaven right now looking down on us. I know he passed happy and proud of me. He knew his daughter graduated and he knew that he was going to be a grandpa.
Love you Dad! I miss you so much!


8 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. I love the story about your birthday. That is so special!
My heart is aching for your loss...these are beautiful photos to remember your dad. I love that you share a birthday with him...he will always be with you.
CHILLS.
Sending hugs and love!!! I know your Dad is watching out for you and guiding every step of your adoption!!! I love the photos, he was VERY handsome and both of you are very blessed to have had one another!!!
What a precious picture of you and your dad! Wonderful memories that you can hang onto.
Im so glad you had such a wonderful father. Im very sorry for the loss of him, but like you said he is in heavon playing golf watching over you.. Ill be thinking of you and your family. <3
I am so sorry for your loss Breen. He will be watching over you, Cart, and Faithe and smile. I hope you find peace.
Breen, I was so shocked to read your news. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you and your dad had a very special relationship. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you in the days and weeks ahead.
Post a Comment