Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Website

First a back story. Our agency has a website that features profiles of adoptive parents in waiting. We are still not on this site. I'm working on gettng our information to the agency so they can do this. Apparently our social worker didn't realize that she was the one who was suppose to request the information from us. So we've been waiting 5 months without this type of exposure. I have viewed some of the other families profiles and have noticed that some of them have included a link to other sites...i.e. blogs, photos hosting sites etc.

So Cart and I decided that we will be building a website for the world to see. It is mainly for the adoption and for networking on our end. After the site is up it will be included on our agency's site and we will also email it to all of our friends and family. I thought about putting it on our back window like another adoptive momma did, but I already have my business info on the back of the car.

The awesome thing is a friend from high school is going to help me with the building. She is going to show me how to build the site and to upload it to our hosting site. Then after that I should be able to maintain it myself. As soon as we are up and running I will post it here. To do that I will be telling you all my real name. Many of my readers already know, but the website address is basically mine and Cart's name. I know very creative :)

Until then, wish me luck and say a prayer I don't rip my hair out during the building process.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Great idea! Can't wait to see it.

Jenn said...

sounds great! Our agency allows us to put something up, but it's more of an extended "Dear Birthmother' letter, and you can't link to anything else.