Our furbaby Harley had surgery last week to remove a growth on his tail and one on his throat. Before the surgery the doc said we had to do the surgery as soon as possible because his tail is so short and stubby that there wasn't much skin to use to stich it together. We did the surgery and the doc was able to stitch his tail and used regular and steel stitches to close it up. He used the steel stiches so that if Harley licked the steel would poke him and keep him from licking his tail.
Yesterday I took him to have his stitches removed. When they brought him back out to me they said there was a little blood and they put some gel on it and sprayed apple bitter on him. They said to make sure he doesn't lick and use the "cone" collar if needed. I came home with him and he layed next to me for an hour. When he got up I noticed his tail was all red. I looked at it and his tail opened up. I immediately called the vet and took him in. Unfortunately there was nothing the vet could do. He said at this point we need to let it heal from the inside out. He gave me some antibiotics for him and some of the gel to keep on his tail. When we got home and I got him out I noticed blood spots on my car seat. I got him out and in the house and realizd he was bleeding pretty bad. I got the bleeding to slow down and put the gel on it. I put towels all over the couches and he laid next to me all night.
He is so depressed and missing his daddy. I hope he feels better soon.
Here is a pic of his tail:



3 comments:
Oh, your poor, poor baby! That looks like it hurts!
Poor thing! Hope he's better soon!
Oh no, poor thing! Hope he's better soon! Also just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you guys! I'm not sure I ever commented, but your adoption profile looks great!
Post a Comment