Can we manage?
Last April we traded in both our cars and bought one car. We basically cut out one whole car payment and cut our insurance in half. So it was a great money saver. We did this because Cart had a company vehicle that he was able to use for work only. And we have managed with one car.
Since Cart will be moving into the service center for 30days he will lose the company vehicle. So we'll be a one car family. The good thing is that I only work 2miles from the house. So I am able to ride my bike to work or even walk to work if needed. Cart will be borrowing one of his parents car if needed so it will ease some of the pressure.
But if Cart moves permanently inside then we'll be with one car for a while. We have worked out a system that we hope will work for us and avoid another car payment and increase in insurance.
3 days a week I'll ride my bike or walk to work and 2 days I'll drive him to work. Those two days I'll be doing my field experience in the classroom and then have class at night. So when I pick him up from work he'll go with me to school and we'll go home together.
One of the main reasons we decided to not buy another car is because of the adoption. With trying to save we thought another car payment would put stress on the budget.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment