I've been rather stressed lately. Work has really stressed me out. Well I shouldn't say work but some one at work. I have worked the same bar shifts for a while. I work Monday night bars, and Wed thru Fri day bar. After the failed embryo transfer in November I decided for my sanity and for my marriage I needed to not work Saturday or Sunday anymore. It felt great in January because we got ALOT done on the weekends. About 2 weeks ago I went to my GM about getting either another night bar shift or another night shift or at least allow me to take 3 tables during the lunch shifts. So for the last 2 weeks they have messed with my schedule. It is rather frustrating. It would have been so much better had my GM come to me and tell me how he can accomodate my request instead of switching things up when I'm accustomed to a certain schedule.
The girl who writes the schedule has been a royal pain about this. Those 3 days I'm doing day bar she works in the lounge and is unwilling to give up 3 of the 13 tables (which I should add never "fill" up on a lunch shift) because it cuts into her money. My thought is WTF about my money. I have to make a living too. This fact really really got to me and stresses me out.
I have now been made to look like the bad person when all I have been trying to do is get what is fair. They have since told me to write my schedule. I have been struggling with this because it wasn't what I wanted. I really need to figure out what to do. At this point my focus is school now. Not trying to impress my bosses. I have thought about coming off the bar and just serving. I know I'll make more money than doing day bars. But the serving shifts are few and far between. A job like mine shouldn't stress me out like this.
What worries me the most is that I know when I stress it messes with my hormones and changes my ovulations and thus my AF. I have a month to figure out what I want to do. My first class starts on Monday which is an Online class and my other class on the 8th which I go to campus for. The part about that is that it's on a Monday night thus giving up my bar shift. I'll be able to register for Summer Term on the 8th as well. So 1 month to figure out what to do about my schedule.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago

2 comments:
I'm sorry about your stress. It's always hard to work with difficult people. Hope you figure out a good solution. Thinking of you.
You've been nominated (see my blog for details).
Blessings!
Post a Comment