Friday, August 14, 2009

Murphy's Law

When it can go wrong it will go wrong.

Cart always wakes me up. Even when I worked in Corporate America he always woke me up. Well maybe not always...I did have to set my alarm as the back up. But when I started bartending I had no need for the alarm clock he wakes me up and is always sweet about it. I talk incoherently and he rubs my back. It's our moment. Anyway so this morning I didn't have to be to work until 11 and at 845am he comes in and goes really loudly honey what time do you have to be to work I forgot to wake you up. I look crosseyed at the clock and I'm like come back in 15min. Well then he goes by the way we have a leak in the roof. WHAT?!?!

So I climb out of bed throw on some clothes put drops in my eyes so I can see and go see supposed leak. Sure enough big water stain by the front door that goes into the kitchen. Holy moly we need a new roof. Now brings the question what have we done to our house since last November....
1. New siding
2. new carpet (well that was before last november but still)
3. New deck (ripped off the old one to put on new siding)
and now.... a new roof.

Granted we knew we would need a new roof eventually. Well eventually has turned into NOW! You might ask what's the problem with this...Let me tell you....

We leave for Seattle on Wednesday and there is a Tropical Storm in the Atlantic! Mind you we are in Florida where we can time the rain to come every afternoon anywhere between 2pm and 6pm. If it's not fixed we could end up with a hole in the ceiling or maybe even need to replace big chunks of the ceiling. Not fun.

So we have someone coming to rip off our roof and put a new one on come Monday.

It's funny though. For my birthday one year I got a new fridge (yes I asked for an appliance). At the time my choice was between a new stove or fridge so I chose the fridge. Guess what a month later the Stove went zzzzztttt so it went bye-bye. Then before our wedding the microwave went zzzzztttt and 2 days before the wedding I'm shopping at Lowes for a new microwave that was installed while we were on our honeymoon.

As we arrive in Seattle our roof will be in the finishing stages and we'll come home to a brand new roof.

If it can go wrong it will! But thank goodness the outside of our house is now(well after the new roof) in NEW condition. I'm trying not to stress and just try to think it could be worse.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowza! I guess that something like this happens to everyone with a roof. We need a new roof, but I keep telling dh, well lets just wait till it leaks! lol.. He rolls his eyes at me instead..

At least you get to skip the construction and come home to a beautiful house!