Thursday, November 11, 2010

Adoption Updates

We've done a few things recently toward the adoption. When we returned from DC we had our physicals at the doctors office. We went on the same day and got it over with. Two weeks prior to this we went and had blood drawn for HIV testing and blood counts.

Our doctor was quite humorous about some of the questions on this form. One question was Expected Life expectancy. He looked me up and down and said "eh 94. What do they want me to say" So he wrote normal. Everything on there he wrote normal with spoken side humor.

The day we returned from vacation we had an envelope from the agency. It was an invitation to a mandatory adoption class along with two more questionnaires. We each filled out our respective questionnaires and mailed those back with our questions answered.

I spoke with our social worker yesterday and found out that our references will be receiving their letters soon. Once they have a few of those returned then they will schedule our first meeting with the director of the program.

Also before we went on vacation I printed all 156 pictures we are using in our book. I'm sure I won't use all of them but most of them.

For now the next step is the adoption class on November 20th.

0 comments: