Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marine Marathon Weekend

Cart and I have been in DC since Wednesday. We arrived early that morning and had to Metrobus/rail to the hotel...which took 2hours to accomplish.

That afternoon we went to the Smithsonian American History Museum. The best thing we saw here was the very first flag. It was huge and so delicate that it is layed flat and you can't take pictures. I would have loved to get a picture but security was standing very close. (yes I'm one of those who would sneak a pic if I could.)

On Thursday we rented a car and went to the Baltimore Aquarium. The driving there and back was interesting and I'm just glad we didn't wreck in the multiple times that we were close to. The aquarium was very neat but I'm still partial to the Tennessee aquarium. Although this one had the Dolphin show. Here are a few pics from the aquarium:

Cart and I in the Aquarium.

Cart and I outside the aquarium right after lunch

One of the dolphins. This was too cute.


The three flippered Turtle. He was huge!

On Friday we went to the Marathon Expo and to the Air and Space Museum and then out to dinner with a friend from high school. My friend A and I hadn't seen each other in 11 years. It was really nice to catch up and I really wish I had gotten some pictures of the event. :(

Saturday was a day to relax since Cart was running the next day. So we found a sports bar and went to watch the Gator game. We ended up leaving at half time because we needed to rest.

Today, Sunday we were up at 4am to get ready to leave for the Marathon. I took a lot of picture which I will have to do a seperate picture post. Cart had a great run and finished in 5 hours 19min and 38secs. I hoofed it all around DC to watch him pass and try to get some good shots of him. I think it is time to invest in a nicer camera if he plans to do more marathons. I'd love to get my own great shots of him so we don't have to spend a small fortune to get the professional ones.

Look for the picture post in a few days.

2 comments:

Mrs. Frig said...

Plus the camera will come in handy when your LO arrives.

Wendy said...

Hi Breen,

I noticed you just started following my blog. I'll add you to my blog role list, too! Baltimore Aquarium is one of my daughter's favorite places. We love the inner harbor, and try to get there at least once a year to see our beloved Red Sox play the Orioles.